Christmas Creep Is Here...
Monday, November 12,
Some radio stations have been playing holiday
music since the day after Halloween. SiriusXM started November 1st. Other broadcast stations and pure plays have
started and others will follow. Retailers say "Christmas Creep", that period that launches the holiday shopping season is already here. The king of all shopping days is right around the corner. That,
of course is "Black Friday" (the day after Thanksgiving) - this year it's arriving on November 23rd...
The top 10 shopping days of the holiday season
are forecast to account for almost 45% of this year's holiday visits, according to an annual survey by ShopperTrak. All that money rolling in over the span of just a few weeks will give companies lots of reasons to invest in the
season. As CNBC notes, there's more than Black Friday to spur on the gift buying bonanza. There's Cyber Monday,
Amazon Prime Day - not to mention Super Saturday...
Helping the holiday gift buying season are the
four Saturdays in December, a calendar quirk that won't be coming around again for a while. ShopperTrak expects the Saturday before Christmas - known as Super Saturday to be busier this year than
last. Christmas fell on a Monday in 2017 so shoppers were more pressured to get gifts on the Friday before Christmas. This year Christmas falls on a Tuesday. The eight days of Hanukkah start even
earlier - Sunday, December 2nd...
In addition to the busiest days of the holiday
season, ShopperTrak looked at the busiest hours. The range of 2 pm to 4 pm is predicted to see the most traffic, similar to last year, with 4 pm, being the peak. The full list of ShopperTrak's
predicted busiest 2018 holiday shopping days follow:
- 11/23 Black Friday
- 12/22 Super Saturday
- 12/15 Third Saturday in December
- 12/23 Sunday before Christmas
- 11/24 Saturday after Thanksgiving
- 12/08 Second Saturday in December
- 12/21 Friday before Christmas
- 12/26 Day after Christmas ("Boxing Day")
- 12/01 First Saturday in December
- 12/29 Saturday after Christmas
- Getting a jump on holiday gift buying means starting after you finish reading this
- It looks like CVS and Aetna will be walking down the
- Apparently Wall Street got what it wanted - a divided
- What is this world coming to? Harley-Davidson is now making an electric
- It looks like NYC is becoming the tech capital of everything east of Silicon Valley. Google and
Amazon are opening up new plants here...
- Smart of Disney to start a streaming service next year with all the great product they've
- Is it catching? Daryl Hannah & Neil Young. Next up: Meg Ryan & John
- U.S. Veterans can never get enough credit for serving our
- The Midwest knows that the month of November is not too early for
- The perfect gift for the states of Arizona, Georgia and Florida? A brand new